If you want to renovate your home to make it more elegant and inviting, you should save tons of money first and hire an expensive interior designer, right?
Absolutely not true.
You can have a lovely home without breaking your savings account. You just need some creativity and a little craftsmanship to achieve the elegance that you desire. Cheap improvement does not mean cheap result. Follow these easy and cost-effective tips to turn your home into a fabulous one.
Make use of decorative wallpapers
Using wallpapers is a great alternative to expensive paints. By adding decorative wallpapers, you create a personal style and elegance in your home. Select the design and texture that fits your personality to make your space more homey.
Here are some tips to maximize the use of decorative wallpapers on your home renovation:
- Convert your simple living room space into a more inviting and lively room by adding bright designs and happy colors.
- Shiny display place goes perfect by adding metallic wallpaper.
- Put emphasis on your fireplace as the center of attraction by adding a few feet of wallpaper.
- Create your own wall art by cutting portions of wallpaper and make it into different frames.
Make use of wire shelving
Cleaning up and organizing your things can instantly transform your home from crowded and chaotic place into a spacious and clean area.
Many of us find it challenging to organize our stuffs. Thanks to wire shelving, organizing your things have become easier.
Here’s how wire shelving can bring order and peace to your home:
- Install wire shelves to organize your book collections and make them dust-free.
- Transform your toilet into an immaculately clean bathroom by organizing your toiletries and bathroom supplies with the use of wire shelves.
- Make your dining area and kitchen more spacious and appealing by using wire shelves to organize your kitchen tools, supplies and accessories.
- Use wire shelves as a closet organizer to keep your closet need and orderly.
Repaint old furniture
It’s hard to let go old furniture as they carry sentimental values and precious memories. Instead of sending them to junk, transform old yet useful furniture into a new one by repainting them.
Though painting old furniture can be time consuming, the result is absolutely worth it.
How to paint old furniture?
First is to prep it. Clean the surface carefully and get the entire glossy off by sanding your furniture. Once it is already dust-free and dry, paint some primer to help your piece adhere to the furniture better. Then sand again using a fine-grit sandpaper to achieve a more professional finish. Lastly, paint the furniture with your preferred color.
Painting your old furniture would not only save the memories that go with it but will also save you some money.
Make use of old fabric for cushion covers.
We all have clothes that we’re no longer using. Instead of letting them sit in your closet and occupy space, why not turn them into cushion covers instead?
It’s a great recycling idea with the use of some tools and creativity. Gather your old clothes and select which fabric or design you would want to use as your cushion cover. This idea is hitting two birds with one stone – you will have a beautiful cushion cover plus a neat and spacious closet.
Use wall decals
One of the easiest and fastest ways of transforming your room is by using wall decals. These cute and easy to use wall stickers will instantly add character and charm to your plain living room. You can even personalize your furniture by using wall decals.
Design backyard by outdoor buffet
Invite guests over by treating them to a buffet outdoor. If you have a space in your backyard that has been unused, clear it up and turn it into an outdoor buffet. The breeze of fresh air and warmth of the sun will make your guests feel more welcome.
Improve the appearance of your home and transform it into a classy and more attractive space. Welcome your family and loved one into a beautiful and glamorous space with these affordable yet effective tips.